Dental bonding has its own limitations due to which it is considered suitable only for small cosmetic changes, for temporary correction of cosmetic problems as well as for teeth correction in low bite pressure areas.
- Dental bonding is the most common and easy procedure in cosmetic dentistry.
- The procedure can be performed in the dental clinic.
- Usually anesthesia is not required unless the teeth are decayed.
- The procedure can be completed in a single visit to the dental clinic unless several teeth are involved.
- During the procedure, very little or no dental enamel is removed.
- The duration of the procedure is between 30 to 40 minutes.
- It is not an expensive procedure.
- The dental bonding material is not very strong as compared to other procedures.
- As compared to crowns, veneers etc. dental bonding can easily chip off or break.
- Dental bonding is not a long lasting procedure and may need replacement in a few years.
- The material used in dental bonding is somewhat stain resistant but when compared with crowns, the stain resisting property is inferior.