So, your teeth hurt badly and you can sense that something is wrong. Ignoring a toothache can prove to be the worst mistake that you could ever maker- especially in terms of your oral as well as overall health. So, it’s recommended to consult your dentist right away and try to figure out the causes of the problem.
Possible causes of a toothache
- One of the biggest reason people have these toothaches is the development of cavities within the mouth. But that shouldn’t be an excuse to keep you from getting a dental visit in order to determine if the problem is something else.
- Another cause of toothaches is bacterial infection in the tooth’s nerve that is also known as tooth abscess.
- Gum diseases are yet other culprits.
- Teeth grinding is also a factor that contributes to tooth pain.
- In some cases, the ache results from being hit in the teeth or jaw while a person engages in sports activities.
- People with infections of the ear or sinusitis also experience frequent toothaches.
Tips for easing the pain
You can always use an over-the-counter pain medicine for temporary relief.
Another strategy would be rinsing the mouth with warm salt water.
Gentle flossing of the teeth can help get rid of any food bits that could be causing the pain.